Original PDF Document Here
Information for Artists
Steampunk: Art inspired by the world of Steampunk
NationalRailway Museum, Tuesday 1 August 2017 – Sunday 17 September 2017
Exhibition dates: The exhibition will be held at the National Railway Museum (NRM) from Tuesday 1 August 2017 – Sunday 17 September 2017, and will run during our Steampunk weekend (19 – 20 August 2017).
Artist Registration form submission: no later than 4pm Monday 24 April 2017, in order to be included in the SALA program
All works must be delivered to the Museum between Tuesday 11 and Friday 14 July 2017 at a time organised with Moana Colmer, Curator, Exhibits or Shylie Edwards, Graphic Designer, unless alternative arrangements have been made with Shylie or Moana.
Items can be delivered in person, or via courier addressed to:
The National Railway Museum
Steampunk Exhibition 2017
Attn: Moana Colmer (Curator, Exhibits)
76 Lipson St,
Art must be collected between Wednesday 20 September and Wednesday 27 September 2017, at a time arranged with Moana or Shylie; unless an alternative collection date has been organised with Moana or Shylie.
Work that is not collected by 4pm Friday 1 December 2017 will be disposed of at the discretion of the National Railway Museum.
Moana Colmer (Curator, Exhibits)
08 8341 1690
Shylie Edwards (Graphic Designer)
08 8341 1690
All art submissions should be inspired by Steampunk, you can interpret the theme ‘Steampunk: Art inspired by the world of Steampunk’ as you wish.
Items can be dark/ mysterious, even a little scary, but should not be offensive, i.e. they should be appropriate for a general audience. Contact Moana (Curator, Exhibits) if you are unsure whether your art is appropriate for this display.
ARTWORK TYPE & SIZE:
Can be any 3D item e.g. 3D sculpture, textiles, fashion accessories or jewellery.
Maximum 3 pieces per artist, unless alternative arrangements have been organised with Shylie or Moana.
3D items should be no larger than*:
Max width: 650mm
Max depth: 650mm
Max height: 1350mm
Max weight: 15kg
*Unless alternative arrangements have been approved by Moana.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
1. Entries will undergo a selection process. Due to the popularity of the exhibition it is possible that some entries will not be accepted and displayed. The Museum reserves the right to withdraw entries not complying with selection criteria & or conditions.
2. Entries must be the original work of entrant (not copied) and must not breach or violate copyright/ moral rights and intellectual property laws; ensuring this is the responsibility of the artist.
3. The title for each art work must be identifiable for ease of installation by curatorial staff.
4. Items can be offered for sale during the exhibition and artists are invited to promote themselves (see the Artist Promotion section in registration form).
5. Artists are responsible for being the point of contact in relation to any enquiries regarding their work, including sales.
6. Maximum of 3 entries per Artist, unless approved by Moana.
7. Entries cannot be removed during the exhibition, unless arranged with Moana or Shylie.
8. Entrants agree to permit the National Railway Museum to reproduce their work, for exhibition promotional purposes only.
9. The National Railway Museum will exercise all due care in relation to the exhibits, but cannot accept responsibility/liability for any loss (including theft) or damage, either in custody or transit. Nor will the National Railway Museum incur any expense regarding packaging or transportation of the exhibits. Insurance of exhibits is the entrant’s responsibility.